photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Thursday, March 27, 2014

La La La - Make Me Pretty

 

I started dabbling with make-up in my early 30s when I noticed I didn't look like myself anymore in photographs.  Funny how you need make-up to look like yourself as you get older.  And it wasn't until this year that I really got into it (as in reading and watching make-up tutorials).  I think a lot has to do with all the blogs I now read!!  So, "thank you" to all the blog ladies for beautifying me!  Anyways, I thought I'd share with you what I consider to be basic, non-overwhelming must-have products for those late-bloomers like me, or anyone who's on a lookout for a change or two in her make-up routine.  

BB Cream - I lol'd at my mother when she told me she uses something called "BB" cream, and that it replaced her foundation.  Well, mothers are always right, especially mine. I'm hooked on my BB cream.  You just have to find the right shade for your skin tone. 

creme blend blush - I've been dabbing this onto my cheeks for years now.  I LOVE it.  It gives you just the right amount of that flushed-pink and youthful look.  Plus, it lasts longer than powder blushes. 

eye cream - I once had an expensive eye cream that was too strong for my skin, leaving bumps around my eyes.  This Kiehl eye cream got rid of that problem. It's very light and feels cool on your skin.  Btw, You must use eye cream if you are past the age of 27.  YOU MUST.  I started too late.  Don't you make that mistake! 

luminizer - Is there anyone who doesn't want a dewey look?  I've been looking for the right product and this is it.  I saw this product on Emily's Cupcakes & Cashmere as one of the top 10 products she purchased in 2013.  Yup, I bought it right away.  At first, I was extremely angry because I didn't think it did anything.  After a couple of Youtube searches and tutorials, I learned that you have to really DAB it (not rub it) onto your cheekbones.  Now, I see the dewey effect of this and LOVE it.  I gave mine to my mom and bought another one.  It's that good, guys!  

primer - I received a sample sized tube of this and didn't use it for awhile just because I really didn't need another step in my make-up routine.  Once I started using it, I noticed how my make-up lasted a lot longer, especially around the eyes.  I also noticed that it really keeps your eye make-up from smudging. I now wear it almost every day.

eyeliner - My friend Nancy recommended this to me.  She's one of the wisest women I know, so of course, I bought it.  It was indeed a wise thing to listen to Nancy.  

smokey eye shadow/eyebrow filler - I have been told by many make-up artists to use a shade lighter than my hair color for my eyebrows. Well, I always looked like I had eyebrow fillers on. Can we say awkward?! All changed with this product.  It's an eyeshadow for that smokey sexy look, but I use it as an eyebrow filler.  A big "thank you" to the Nordstrom make-up artist who finally saw and resolved my eyebrow struggles.   

eye shadow palette - There's a lot of hype around the Urban Decay's Naked series.  To my surprise, the hype is all that and then some.  I use the colors marked with * every day.  The other colors - I can see myself wearing on more fun and fancy nights (too bad there are too few of those).  

eyeliner brush - You MUST get this if you use gel eyeliner.  You have so much control over how you want to draw your lines.  

eyebrow brush - The same comment as above.  Just make sure to blend in the eyebrow filler into the brows so that you don't end up looking like a semi-angry samurai. 

eye shadow brush - This is an excellent size brush for coating the entire crevice of your eyes.  Use smaller brushes like the one included in the Naked palette for contouring. 

cheeks & everywhere brush - I love this brush.  It's perfect for any light dusting over your highlighting areas:  cheeks, nose, forehead, around the edges of your face.  

eyelash curler - I don't have this yet.  But I hear so much about it that it's been on my Amazon wish list for some time.  I will most likely take the plunge sometime soon, seeing how I've become a total make-up addict this year.  

Hope this was fun and helpful~~

2 comments:

  1. Oh man you're reminding me how badly my beauty routine needs a boost! You really have it down, lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanting to share my favorite luminizer.. Benefit's High Beam. Love this stuff! http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/high-beam. You know mw - whenever topic of make up comes up, I always need to chime in. ;)

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips