photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday E-Design: Ikea & Target Deliver

Good Monday~  Hope you guys had a great relaxing weekend.  I had a super efficient and productive weekend - yes, I'm bragging.  Here's the list: 
- I cleaned up the paper mess up in the loft (threw away a lot of old bills because I realized, everything's online!); 
- finally organized my husband's cubbies (i.e. Ikea Expedit that needed baskets); 
- cleaned out my closet, which resulted in 5 bags of goods I no longer wear or carry; 
- installed a shelf inside my closet for shoes (tx, honey for using your long arms to do this!); 
- went to bikram yoga like a good yogi; 
- made some yummy and healthy nosh; 
- and this isn't work, but I finally splurged on my favorite table wear from Anthro, which I'll share with you later this week. 

AND, I worked on today's entry~ While online shopping this weekend, I noticed how stylish Ikea and Target have gotten in the past couple of years. And you can't beat the price, seriously!  
Here are my current faves from Ikea and Target: 

a. Ikea Varlig Lantern; b. Target Patterned Yellow Pillow
c. Target Iron and Wood Table; d. Ikea Strandmon Wing Chair; and e. Ikea Alvine Ruta Rug.

When it comes to decorating, I think it's all about mixing the lo & hi in prices.  You splurge on some really good pieces, but you save on pieces like above, that will leave some extra change in your pocket for your next splurge. (And I guess it's all relative too - for me, buying a $28 bowl from Anthro is a splurge. For some, it may be a small purchase.)

Hope you have a wonderful Monday and a great week ahead~~  

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips