photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Friday, June 7, 2013

TGIF - Whatcha Up To?

TGIF!! While the day is starting on a gloomy note (raining outside), I don't care, it's still the weekend and I'm happy as a clam! 
  
Saturday, I'm meeting up with an acquaintance, whom I hope to get to know better. This get together has been in the works for like over 2 months.  Maybe it's just me, but it takes weeks and at times months to "get together" with some one.  Luckily for me, my closest friends are really good at making the initial efforts to stay in touch with me.  I LOVE THEM, you know who you are. 

Anyways,here are some amusing, interesting, and happy thoughts and images on my mind~





Lovely photos, right? Well, check out the artists behind these images to find something REALLY interesting about them. (Btw, a shout out to Ames for finding these images!) 

So, most of you know by now, that I'm a pescatarian. That means I eat lots of veggies, grains, and at times, some seafood. One of the grains I eat the most is quinoa. I think quinoa tastes and digests better as well. I made a dish similar to the one below a couple of weeks ago and to my surprise, my meat loving friend as well as my husband found the dish very tasty.  Yay, me!



The recipe calls for "liquid smoke".  Whaaa-at? It makes no sense.  Well, it exists!  See here.  

Remember here when I talked about my love of Matchbook Magazine? Well,I officially have a girl crush on Katie Armour, one of the co-founders of the magazine.  Her own personal blog, The Neotraditionalist is full of beautiful images, finds,helpful shopping guides, etc.  And seriously, Katie's pixie cut is to die for. As well as her utterly feminine and exquisite home. (BTW, I had the same cut in college and am no longer brave enough to go back to it!)  


Lastly, I came across this pretty pair below via the Matchbook Magazine.  Can someone tell my husband to read today's post?  (My birthday's still 3 months away, but you know, he can always prepare early!) 

Happy weekending~~~

1 comment:

  1. Loooove Katie Armour. :) And I'm totally the same way about getting together, I'm glad I have friends who will track me down!

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips