photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Snack Time

Almost every day, around 3:30 p.m. or so, I get that feeling of "I'm not hungry but I need something to nosh on".  Now, when I was much younger, I snacked on Tastykakes, Crunch bars,  mozzarella sticks, french fries, etc. etc. I will confess that I was severely addicted to Crunch bars and believe it or not, I ate them with whipped cream; yup, really. I ate all that and still weighed like ZERO.  My metabolism has not been the same since I entered the wonderful decade of 30s.  My stomach has also become more sensitive and all of a sudden, I seem to be allergic to so many things.  So, I have to be careful as to what I snack on.  Over the past couple of years, I've come to rely on these healthy and tasty snacks.  What are your go-to snacks?  (Healthy or unhealthy!)



In clockwise order:  A handful of almonds (I hear these are really healthy :)); Divine dark chocolate (a little bit of this never hurt any body!); Activia light yogurt (only 70 calories!); A big heaping table spoon of peanut butter (extra crunchy, please!); steamed edamame w/ a sprinkle of kosher salt; Kashi Honey Toasted Oat Cereal (only 6 grams of sugar per serving).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips