photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Lately...

So.... here's what I've been up to lately.

Meeting Inspiring Women - I saw Madeleine Albright and Hilary Clinton speak at the November 1st PA Women's Conference.  They were AMAZING. Now,  I want to read all of their books! 

Trying Out New Things - Yup, I got my cartilage pierced.  The piercing didn't hurt.  But the cartilage did about 2-3 days after the piercing.  It's much better now, thank goodness. It was one of those moments of brilliant boredom and too much caffeine on a Sunday morning.  I also got my grasshopper lookin' Karen Walker sunglasses I've been PINING over for the entire year.  And I finally found a furry vest.  Never thought I'd be able to pull off any of these looks. I guess I surprise myself sometimes... 

Classic Winter Layering - Yup, it's all about the scarves, sweaters, and plaid shirts. The red/black scarf? I've had it for over 15 years.  Now it's in fashion again.  Here's to shopping your own closet! 

Recent Favorite Eats - Randy and I are loving this new sushi joint called 'Kumo' nearby our house.  Their "tuna fantastic" is yep, pretty fantastic.  It's slices of tuna sashimi over lumps of crabmeat and avocado with sweet spicy sauce.  SO GOOD.  Also on a heavy rotation is my spicy tofu & kimchi soup.  Whenever I get sick, I tend to live on this soup.  Helps with the sore throat and the stuffy nose. 

Small Splurges - Finally, a pop of color in our TV room.  Love the new bright bench I got from HomeGoods.  I'm also enjoying my latest purchases from West Elm - Shannay Murray plate and a pretty bowl (with the spicy soup).  I couldn't resist their 20% sale.  I grabbed a couple more for Christmas gifts.

Puppy Love - With the cold weather, the puppies are being extra cuddly and needy.  Yes, needy.  They just want more attention. I will enjoy every minute of it, especially with my Little Speedz doing so well lately.  And of course, our Toby just goes for the clean laundry basket EVERY time.  Gotta love'em!!

Guys, we are so close to Thanksgiving Day.  Once this week's over, the "holiday season" will be FULL ON.  

Happy Tuesday~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips