photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Stuff of Dreams

I'm back!  The MIA thing was so not intentional this time around.     My real job kept me quite busy the moment I got back from seeing my friend, Nancy in NJ on Sunday.  

I hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend.  I had a really fun time hanging out with Nancy.  Our first thing on the agenda was the Brooklyn Flea.  To my surprise it was a lot smaller than I thought.  And to my surprise, again, items were pricier than I thought. But the food was yummy. I had a mango lassi and Nancy had a shrimp roll, which I took a bite of. Both excellent stuff. I just didn't have much of an appetite as the day was really hot. 

We then ventured into Soho and went into just about every shop on the streets. Just for fun and because we had time to kill.  We made sure to hit the two places I LOVE - Dwell Studio and Room and Board. On Sunday, Nancy introduced me to the Design Within Reach outlet in Secaucus. I couldn't believe the reduction in prices at the outlet, which were all due to minor damages or just because they were returned items.  They are what I call the 'stuff of dreams'. Here are some photos from the weekend. 

This needs to be my living room... at Dwell Studio
  

What I would do for this Eames chair... at Room and Board


The prices on these Hans J. Wegner chairs at the Design Within Reach Outlet were amazing. BUT I am really trying to put myself on a spending freeze, so I had to let it go... (tears!!)


This buffet/console at the Design Within Reach outlet was a thing of a beauty.  My friend Nancy purchased this for her dining room area. She has waited a long time to carefully upgrade some of  her old furniture and boy, is she making the right choices! 
If you noticed in the Room and Board photo, I did have a Crocs bag on me.  Nancy got me a pair of these Crocs wedges that are super comfy. And believe it, they actually look really good on ANYBODY.  You look instantly taller too (and I can always use that at my height of 5'3").  
All in all, the weekend was awesome but now, I am having a really hard time coping with the fact that the summer is over...so unlike me too since I love fall.  How should I deal with this seasonal blues?  I welcome all suggestions!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips