photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Friday, November 23, 2012

Last Minute & Decisive Moments

I hope you guys all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.  I had an amazing time with my parents, brother, sis-in-law, nephew, cousin and her two kids, and my father-in-law.  I really do treasure the times when both sides of the family get together.  

Before the guests arrived, I was doing that whole multi-tasking thing of cooking and cleaning.  One thing that really bothered me was having this huge bare wall where my piano, Ms. Everette sits (or stands?  but that sounds really uncomfortable).  See - doesn't see look kinda lonesome? 



So, last week, I got 4 different sized frames from Pottery Barn on sale (20% off).  Although they were on sale, the purchase was a splurge for me as I usually get frames from IKEA.  But I really wanted to get some nice wood frames to warm up the white wall where Ms. Everette sits. I had some other frames around the house that I put to work as well.  Below is the wall gallery design I came up with. 



I took a picture of the design but nothing went up on the wall until the late morning of Thanksgiving Day.  At first, Randy and I were very hesitant with the design we had in mind.  I also had to scramble to find something to put in these new frames! Thank goodness I saved a couple of cute cards and a tattered page from an old music book.  Below is a picture of Randy wiping the dust off the piano after we put up the frames. 


Once we put up the frames, we were super happy with how the whole thing turned out.  I did however feel that there was something missing, but I didn't want to put up more frames for the fear of cluttering up the wall too much... Then while we were eating our various pies (apple, pumpkin and shoe fly pie!)and due to lack of space on our dining table, I removed the apothecary jars from the table to the top of the piano.  And the rest is history. 



I love how the apothecary jars fill up the space between the piano and the frames! And the faux lemons match the Rothko on the wall!  

So, there it is - our once empty white wall filled with cute little photos, cards, and an old music sheet (Chopin of course!).  All done last minute in our most decisive (or desperate?!) moments in our history of decorating.  

I'll post closer up pics of the frames later :) 

Have you ever had such serendipitous and decisive moments in decorating your home?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips