photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Friday, November 16, 2012

TGIF - Whatcha Up To?

TGIF!! The cold weather has really kicked in this week, confirming that the winter holidays are indeed getting closer and closer.  It feels like yesterday when I was in my little summer skirts and flip flops though... 

Remember last Friday I mentioned we have another surprise in addition to our new sofa?  Here it is - Meet Ms. Everette!


Where she sits is where we used to have our bookshelves. This piano is named Ms. Everette after its maker.  Isn't she a beauty?
I found her via Craigslist for $100 and found a mover for $150, which is a lot better than the going rate of $250 or more.  All keys play but I can tell Ms. Everette needs a lot of tuning and a bit of some repair as some keys are a bit loose.  

So I now have 2 new projects:  1) finding a piano tuner + repairer;  2) decorating the bare wall above Ms. Everette.  I can put up framed photos/paintings/prints or I can put up shelves and accessorize.  The dilemma... It's fun to decorate but I always get nervous as to what the outcome may look like.  I welcome any and all suggestions!!

Have a great weekend, friends~

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips