photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wednesday Art - Andrew Wyeth

Yesterday, I came across Andrew Wyeth's 'Christina World' - I haven't seen his work in some time and was happy to come across it again. Here are some of my favorites.  


'Christina's World' 1948 


'Wind From the Sea' 1947 
'Master Bedroom' 1965

'First Snow', Study for Groundhog Day, 1959

[in search of title of this lovely watercolor piece]

I can't find the title for one of the paintings (immediately above).  If anyone out there knows, I'd love to hear from you.  I love that painting because if you are from Pennsylvania, you've seen that desolate, farmer's house somewhere.  It may even be your grandparents' house.  A lot of Wyeth's paintings capture the mundane, quiet, and peaceful scenes you come across once you get out of the suburbs of Philadelphia. Well, won't you know it?  Wyeth is from Chads Ford, PA (I've never been there) and had a summer home in Cushing Maine. 

Here's the artist himself.  He looks like such a cool beatnik! 


 Wyeth on top of his Wyllis Jeepster Convertible, 1977  (see here)


For more on his life and work, check my main source for this post here (Wiki page on Wyeth).

2 comments:

  1. Regarding your question above - the title of that painting above is entitled " The Granary" , I believe.

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips