photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Keys

I need me some black and ivory keys in my life.  I miss playing the piano.  I started taking lessons when I was 6 and stopped when I was about 10.  I practiced almost every day and took lessons, as I recall, at least two times a week.  Rain or shine, I walked to my music teacher's home.  When I was in high school, I went back to taking lessons again.  I had an excellent teacher, who played Chopin so beautifully.  The lessons stopped because it was getting to be too expensive.  When I was in college, I'd walk to the music department and play the piano in a tiny tiny practice room.  I no longer have the free hours I used to have when I was young, but I know that I'll find the time to play the piano.  It's always been something that brings peace to my mind  (even when I struggle to learn and play those crazy Chopin pieces).  It's funny how when I was a kid, I really resented all that practicing. Now, I miss those days!  Recently, I thought of getting a piano off of Craigslist.  I've seen some excellent deals.  We shall see... For now, I think of having these items below in my own little practice room some day.  


a. Chair; b. Chopin; c.  Flying Bird; d. Chev Rug; e.  Yamaha Upright  



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips