photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Friday, September 7, 2012

TGIF - Whatcha Up To?

TGIF! Spoiled by the recent 3 day weekend, I had a tough time getting through this "short" work week. How 'bout you?

This weekend, my friend Nancy will be visiting. I'm super excited as I plan on introducing her to 19 Bella, a BYO tapas restaurant my husband and I came across earlier this summer. How does 'Butter Poached Lobster Grilled Asparagus & Truffled Bearnaise' sound to you? And 'Crispy Sweet Potato & Fresh Ricotta Gnocchi: Pecan, Brown Butter, Sage & Parmesan'?  And their home grown coffee seriously grows on you by each sip.  Yup - I can't wait!

While we are on the topic of food (which happens often here~), last Saturday, I baked an upside down pineapple cake as declared here.  Here's how it turned out. 




It turned out much better than I expected.  I don't have a powerful mixer (like this beauty). So, let's just say it wasn't easy mixing up the batter.  I don't know what I need to do in order to close in the gaps you see between the pineapple slices and the cake itself.  I also need to layer up the pan with more brown sugar before pouring the cake batter in order to achieve that perfect  caramel-y sugar glaze.  Taste wise, also not too bad, but a tad bit dry.  I drizzled some maple syrup and it was all better :)   Btw, the little odd looking carve-out on the right side of the cake was the itty bitty tasting slice I had :) I later had a nice big piece(and another follow-up piece like 10 minutes later) with a glass of this very reasonably priced and awfully yummy red.                           

This weekend, I'll be looking for my next culinary experiment. I will also have some work to do (boooooooh!!!).  But hey, it's the weekend and everything will get done at my pace!  

Have a great weekend~

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips