photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Friday, August 31, 2012

TGIF - Whatcha Up To?

TGIF!!!  This week has been so long for me.  Perhaps because things slowed down a bit at work, finally. Now, we are looking at a 3 day Labor Day Weekend and I cannot be more excited!!!

Last week, I talked about making gluten free popovers (here).  And I did! Look how well they turned out!!





 

I used two recipes - one from Elephantine and another from here.  I used Elephantine's recipe to make the syrupy cherries and the other recipe to make the gluten free batter and follow the baking time.  Let me tell you, I'll be making these every weekend if I can!  The popovers turned out very soft and chewy inside(a bit flaky at the top b/c I left them in the oven just 20-30 seconds too long).  

This weekend, I am going to attempt to bake (yes, bake again!) pineapple upside-down cake from Elephantine. (I love this blog - she has so many easy and most delicious looking recipes accompanied by videos of her making them  - too cute!!).  I want to bring this to the barbecue my parents are having on Saturday.  I haven't BBQ'd w/ my parents in so long - those were the good ole' days!  I can't wait!!!  

I hope you all have a fun Labor Day weekend!!  Here's to celebrating the end of summer and looking forward to a fabulous fall!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips