photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Friday, August 17, 2012

TGIF - Watcha Up To?

TGIF!!  Aren't we so glad it's the weekend? 
I've been so busy at work that I didn't even get to post anything yesterday.  Remember when I talked about having a plan 'B' for such situation? [Here] Knowing that this week was going to be a very busy week, I was really good about it and had 3 posts ready to go by Sunday night.  I thought I'd have enough time to write up another post for yesterday.  Well, that kinda fell through.  I feel like I have to come up with Plan B's Plan 'B'!  Ah, never enough planning, right?! 

Last week, I posted about making this corn soup.  That also fell through (ok, this post should be titled "fell through").  BUT, I made this amazing vegetable tian instead and man, it was a success!!  Here's a picture. 



I relied on a very easy recipe from Bea Peltrie's 'La Tartine Gourmande' (you know how much I've been talking about this book!).  The layering of various veggies went like this:  tomato; zucchini; eggplant; fennel; and in between the layerings, was a dab of thyme + garlic + olive oil rub.  In the oven for an hour and a half ~ voila!! The aroma of the garlic and thyme, and the oozing of all the veggie flavors = amazing!!!  I could totally see this being served with a slice of mozzarella cheese and turn it into a warm panini. 

Well, I am all about trying out new recipes these days, so more food posts to come, friends!  

I hope you have a great weekend~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips