photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Counting My Blessings

image via here

Hi guys!  Sorry about the radio silence~ 
I had a pretty busy start off to this week but I'm finally coming up for air. 

Yesterday morning, as I was driving to work, I had this general sense of contentment and happiness.  At first, I didn't really know why, especially considering that I had a busy day ahead of me. To my surprise, it didn't take long for me to come up with what makes me happy in any given morning. 

1.  I've slept more than 8 hours (Monday night, I conked out around 9:30 p.m. and woke up at 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday); 
2.  There's coffee (nothing worse when you run out of coffee in the morning);
3.  There's goat milk (so tasty); 
4.  Husband brings me a perfect cup of coffee (always); 
5.  Husband takes the puppies out (always);
6.  I have a new outfit to wear (awesome!); 
7.  I have a new pair of shoes to wear (double awesome!); 
8.  I have enough gas in my car to take me to work and back home; 
9.  I treat myself to another cup of coffee at Starbucks; and 
10. It's payday (woot woot!!).  

When I told my husband about this little ah-ha moment, he laughed and applauded me for counting my blessings in life.  I didn't think of it that way but I think he's 100% right. I'm going to do this more often, that is, count my little blessings every day because that makes me happy :) 

2 comments:

  1. What a good reminder!! I need to do this myself.

    Is goat's milk really yummy? I don't think I've ever tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mean to sound like Oprah but seriously, little things in life can make me pretty happy :) And yes, goat milk is really yummy. Expensive but doable for a family of 2 and when used mainly for coffee. It's supposed to be better for your digestion.

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips