photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Holiday Gifts I Received (w/ Update)

**Update:  The Reiss dress is beautiful in person BUT it's way too snug.  I mean, you have to be pretty thin emaciate to fit into this dress and you will NOT be able to consume anything more than 2 sips of cocktail.  For me, the chest was too big (nothing new) and the hips were very snug (like if it were any tighter, I'd get a muffin top).  While it looked sexy, I found it way too unpractical for me to keep, even at its more than 50% off price. If I were to go up a size, the chest and shoulders will be too big. So, it's going back.  I really really wanted to love this dress but it's just not happening :(  

Here's a little show and tell of some of the gifts I received this year during the most recent Christmas.

a & b:  Like many women all over the world, I have been totally crushing on Kate Middleton's style.  When KM wore this Reiss dress meeting our First Lady, I was totally in love with the dress and completely jealous of KM's body.  My friend Nancy has the same dress in royal blue and she too looks amazing in the dress.  So, I've been dreaming of getting a Reiss dress for some time and two days ago, I just randomly went on the Reiss website and saw that there was a major sale going on. My husband has been asking me since November what I want for Christmas.  And truly, I had nothing specific in mind. And bam! I saw the above dress on sale and I knew immediately that was going to be my present from Randy.  The pink sweater was also on my wish list for some time ever since I saw it on Naomi from Love Taza. That too was on sale! Combined together, the dress and sweater ended up being more than 50% off the original price! 

c:  We received this gift set of NEST votives from a dear family friend.  We instantly felt so posh just looking at the box they came in.  And yes, they smell AMAZING.

d:  I gifted this pair of Freye Veronica Short Boot to myself with the promise that I will not purchase anything for myself in January!!

e:  This is a set of 6 Jo Malone fragrances I received from a family friend as well.  I've so wanted anything Jo Malone for so long but could never justify the purchase.  So, this was definitely a surprise and a perfect gift!  

There you have it - some of the gifs I received this past Christmas.  Yup - I made out like a bandit!!  

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the dress and sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see them in person! Hope you got something cute too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you as well, newly wed! Can't wait to see your wedding pictures (of course, I'm assuming you'll share them?!).

      Delete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips